Homesteading projects often require a lot of bulky gear! That’s why we offer rentals of several big-ticket items you might only need a once or twice a year.
- We take a deposit for all rentals when you come to pick them up. The deposit is roughly equal to the replacement value of the item. We accept VISA, Mastercard, or cash.
- Rental prices are for the first full day, which is the minimum charge. Additional days are billed at 1/2 this rate.
- Payment for the rental is due upon return of the item.
- Pick-up is any time after 3pm on the day prior to when you have an item reserved. Drop-off is before noon on the day after you have the reservation. In other words, for the price of one day you get the item for up to
- We rent items in clean, but not sanitary, condition. You are responsible for sanitizing the item and maintaining food-safe conditions.
- You are responsible for returning the item to us in clean condition. We will charge you for an additional day if cleaning is required.
- If you return an item late or dirty and thereby inconvenience another customer who expected to pick it up, you pay for their reservation.
- To make a reservation, phone or email with your desired dates, name and phone number. We will reply to confirm your reservation if you don’t speak to one of us directly.
Things we rent:
- Apple Cider Press (Homesteader from Happy Valley Ranch). $50 first day, $700 deposit.
- Honey Extractor. Dadant 4 frame hand crank tangential extractor. Includes use of heated uncapping knife. $5 extra for stainless steel sieve. $40 first day, $400 deposit.
- Stainless Steel 5 lb Sausage Stuffer, $10 first day, $150 deposit
- Vacuum Sealer $10 first day, $180 deposit
- Electric Meat Grinder $10 first day, $150 deposit
- Hot Water Bath Canner w/ Rack, $8 first day, $110 deposit